Be a part of Lowell Women’s Week: Submit an Event Proposal for 2023!
Thanks for your interest in being involved! The deadline to submit event proposals for Lowell Women’s Week 2023, Embrace Equity is Wednesday February 1, 2023. Please review our event criteria below before submitting your event for consideration. All proposals are reviewed and must be approved by the Lowell Women’s Week Committee. To submit a proposal, email Committee Member JoAnn Marcos.
Lowell Women’s Week events celebrate ALL women!
- Those who have come before us,
- Women of today who guide our cities and communities forward,
- Young women who represent a future bright with promise and vision,
- Women of diverse background and identities.
LWW events offer inspiring, educational programming that encourages all women and girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Programming often is focused on:
- Resisting gender stereotyping.
- Accepting, accepting and celebrating ourselves as we are.
- Gaining and celebrating confidence and the power in ourselves.
- Safety and healthful lifestyles.
- Women’s work and economic independence.
- Civic engagement and community work.
- Arts and handcrafts – the many ways women add beauty to the world.
- Events are designed to educate and celebrate the lives of women.
- LWW Events are open to all. Unless noted, events take place in Lowell.
- To be included as an LWW activity, interested participants are invited to attend LWW Planning meeting. The schedule and location are posted on lowellwomensweek.org.
- LWW events do not fundraise for private events or commercial parties.
- If a fee is charged for an event, agency representatives must actively participate in the LWW Planning Committee. The event must be part of the regular programming of the agency/organization.
All posters and publicity for Women Week’s Events must have the following information;
Please note: All events are subject to approval by the LWW Executive Committee, which is currently composed of representatives from Middlesex Community College, Girls. Inc., Lowell Telecommunications Corporation, UMass Lowell and Lowell National Historical Park.